Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can you please identify this watch's maker? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello,
This is a private label watch (Longines?--it has a similar dial to a Longines dial I have already) with a 1 inch (2.54 mm) dial marked "Patenaude Bros". It's movement is marked "Patenaude Bros, Nelson, B.C." and "15 Jewels". If a Longines, its serial number of 1325737 would put it at about 1901, which is about the right era for this label. Any help in its identification is greatly appreciated. Chris Boyer, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

Posts: 19 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 01, 2011
posted
Here is a scan of the movement.

posted
Looks very much like a Longines 21.29 or 21.30 cal. movement, but that is from a fellow that is nowhere near an authority on Longines. Did you pull the dial sometimes it will tell you there ?
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted
Thanks for your reply, Bill. I haven't pulled the dial, unfortunately. As I'm very new to this and lack the tools and experience, I wouldn't attempt this. Also afraid of damaging this tiny relic!

IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
I also am no expert on Longines but I happen to own a family ladies watch from West Virginia and it is the same pattern and definitely Longines.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009