Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hampden Collectors "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Hi

I am pursuing a friend of mine to purchase a 18s Hampden (marked) 16 jewel open face pocket watch. Is this a rare find as my friend claims? I am not much of a Hampden collector, but this is a very nice watch. It is housed in a Dueber silveroid case. Any comments welcome. Thanks

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Hampden made some 18s 16 Jewel movements that were variously marked "Deuber" and Hampden". As "collectible", they are all valued at $100-150.00 How about a serial number?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Hi David

My friend will not sell me the watch! I do know that it is Hampden and not the Dueber marking on the movement. I only saw the watch once and did not get the serial number. Sorry!

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002