Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Aurora Watch Co. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Hi all have few questions and few pictures to show.
I found me nice Aurora 11 jewel(I'm not perfect so this is a nice one for me Wink) my question is should ther be a crystal on the inside also is this the 5th pinion watch?
watch looks like size 18 but once outer shell case is out ther is no glass and looks like size 16 any help be nice.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
picture #2 outer and inside case.

posted
picture #3 face

posted
picture of whole watch

posted
Hi Peter From your pictures this doesn't appear to be a fifth pinion movement.Your watch is in what is called a "pair"case as it is made of two parts.There is no crystal on the inside.If you would post the serial number off the movement someone can give you more information.Regards.Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
posted
Pete, your dial should clean up nicely with a good soaking, and you should locate a pair of case screws before the movement falls out if the frame.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
The S/N is 31805
any case screws from ebay will work?
and thank you gents.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Peter, I have a bunch of Blue ones like that. I believe they are the half head screws though, so you need to be a little carefull putting them in so as not to damage the case fraim. If I have them, I'll explain how to make the screw so that it will not damage the case fraim.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Yes please let me know if you have few extra for sale.