Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 21J diamond end stone Maximus A "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
I have a 21J Waltham Maximus A with Diamond end stone SN20049905 in a 14K white gold J.Depollier & sons case. There is a small dent on the back of the case I tried to get a good pic of it but with reflections it just did not come out. According to the Waltham site the movement was a run of 300 in 1915 and the total run was 1,100 movements. The watch runs great it appears to have the original painted dial and original hands. The crystal is glass and in great shape I don't see any scratches.

I am planning to sell this watch and would appreciate any help is setting a reasonable price. The current book does have pricing but makes no reference to the diamond end stone and quite frankly I know a lot more about wristwatches than I know about pocket watches.

Thank you all in advance

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
pic 2

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155

IHC Member 1555
posted
Might be wrong Rich but I think these all the Colonial Maximus watches came with diamond end-stones, both on the escape & the balance. someone else will set me right if I have erred.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I think your watch would sell for around $50 over net scrap value. Without know the case weight, I would guess it would sell for between $400-$600.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Thank you both for your response I will try to get some better pics and post it for sale soon.

Rich Kuhn
IHC Member 155