Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Paillard Non-Magnetic Watch Co. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Here is an interesting movement I recently acquired. Looks to be a Model 5 16S Illinois. If anyone has additional info it might make interesting reading. Smile

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Another great Getty Variant! Congratulations.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks David...I wonder how many were made!

Roger

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Meggers/Ehrhardt's book reports this watch as part of a 300 PC run s/n's 1662301-600 of "Grade 173" movements. The total of all Gr. 173's is 18,670, but the number which are Paillard Magnetic movements are reported to be "too small to provide a basis for estimating". Given that rather inconclusive comment, I would guess that the 300 Pc's would be the minimum number of this type made as Paillards. Another comment is that to be "complete" it should have a dial marked Paillard's Non-magnetic" too. That said, it does look like it still has a serviceable white steel balance spring.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks for that info David! It appears this would be a rather scarce find. It's curious that there is no name on the dial at all. The watch has good action on the balance and I'll be taking it down soon to give it a good COA. I'm willing to bet the case met the scrap gold fate.

Roger