Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

HELP on an Illinois case CLOSED "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
I have a great running Waltham 15j, 3/0 in an OF Illinois case. I just cleaned it and now can't assemble it as I don't have all the winding parts.
I have the crown and a bushing and thats it. Could someone send me a picture(s) of the assembly of the Crown and stem. I think I have the parts but cannot ID them, not knowing what I am looking for. The case and all the parts I have are in the picture.
What do I need?
Patrick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011

posted
Patrick,

Looks like you have the crown and some sort of sleeve. I don't see the stem that would screw into the threaded portion of the crown. I don't see any threads on the sleeve to hold it in place within the pendant.

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
As I remember, when I took it apart I thought "Gee, thats odd" The bushing is all there is and it is not threaded. It has a lip on one end and I believe it installs from inside the bezel So there must be a stop machined into the stem so it can't pull all the way out. I need pictures so I know which of the 100 + stems I have is the correct one.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Patrick,
You are missing the stem that the crown screws into...The sleeve and stem goes in from the underside of the case pendant and the sleeve is held in place by the stem that screws into the crown...

Posts: 2010 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks to all answers. I have lots of stems and sleeves and probably misplaced the originals and then they got stuck in the parts bin. I am going to check it out soon.
Patrick