• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can someone look this Elgin up for me, please? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
An aquaintance of mine sent me some pics of an Elgin that looks much like a dashboard clock, but I've never seen one with a stem this long.

I'm also not understanding how it mounts in a vehicle, unless the stem itself is clamped in place.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
posted
With Wayne's database down I can't look it up.

Opinions, please?

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
Hi Eric, it is a dashboard clock, but you'll have to find someone old enough to tell you how they were mounted. Try Phil S.
Mike

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
posted
Its a grade 480.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
With that 16s movement, some must have been converted into WWII Motor(cycle) courier watches. I have tried to sell some on eBay to the H-D Poseurs of today and not even a nibble.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
I have a pair of 16s Elgins with these dials and think they are the geatest thing since sliced bread....when they come to hand from the pocket the numerals are right side up and very easy to read.....
John

Posts: 299 | Location: Mount Brydges, Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 10, 2005
posted
Thanks, boys. Smile

posted
Dave,
How were these used as WW 2 courier watches?. A special holder on the handlebars or carried on the person.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006