Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

WATCHMAKER WANTED "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1142
posted
Hi Folks ,
I met a guy on ebay that needs a full time watchmaker that can do a high volume of pocket and wristwatches as well as swiss watches , and it would be pretty much full time. I have taken on a few watches for him and he paid me a little more than i asked for,wich was nice of him , then sent me some more and i cant keep up nor do i monkey with wristwatches.
Anyway if ther is a watchmaker here that has a lot of idol time or would like to attempt working for this guy email me at lacat@frontiernet.net and i will have him get in touch with you.
He had a full time watchmaker working for him based on a weekly salary , but he got cancer and that ended it.
Any questions or pro's and con's from any member I'll do my best with. post them here for us all to see.
Thanks
Leonard

Posts: 220 | Location: McDonough, New York in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
The problem with most watch dealers is that they want to pay $30. for a cleaning and If the watch needs a staff,c+o then $50. I have had many watch dealers that want to flood me with 30 or 40 watches at a time. The way I explain to them if they are willing to come to house and Help me for $7. to $10 an hour then maybe I'll take there watches in.

I had the hardest time to get my mentor to raise his price to $35.00 for a C+O. He was charging $20. He was 87 when he past away. He was working on accutron till the week that he died.

I have been wrong in the past. Maybe he is willing to pay a livable salary. For popping out 20 to 30 watches a week.

Most Profesional watchmakers have no trouble keeping watches in front of there benches to work on.

Good luck on your quest. I'm sure you will be successful.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Member 1142
posted
Hi Eugene,
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to throw a little business to somebody here that could use the extra money but not create a headache.
I work construction, and living in New York my work is seasonal so when i go back to work i wont have time to do much for him. But, I would rather work on a watch over bouncing around on a dozer. One thing for sure if i take a watch to work and it has the correct time at the end of a 12 hour day .. its a good one !
Thanks again
Leonard

Posts: 220 | Location: McDonough, New York in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Hello Leanord. I am a painter also. Work has been spotty also. I agree, I love to work on watches. The good thing about watch dealers they don't want it also. I work on 1 dealer. With in a couple minutes a day and he is happy.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Member 1142
posted
hi folks,
i have now found a watchmaker thank you
leonard