Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

"Another Burlington" ERA??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Today after after finishing up a restoration on a stunning Canadian Cased, 24 Hr Dialed 16s 19J Waltham Model 1899 Riverside made even more exceptional by being finished with a factory machined dial plate allowing EITHER Pendant or Stem setting mechanics (more on that later) I opened eBay and out popped a s/n3039884 Burlington Gr.107, 21J, 5 Adj, Lever set first year production (1916) Burlington . . . I dropped in a number and WON!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Of course it comes with the "usual" fine fitments of the Burlington cuts, Faux Bridge movement plates, 21 Jewels, Burlington signed movement, case, dial and stuff, but . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
on this one someone did the "special order thing Burlington Watch Company offered for a "Custom" case back cover.

WHAT, or WHO is a 1916 period "E R A"???

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Nice score Dave,

E.R.A. stands for earned run average to big leaguers. Red, White, and Blue a true American classic. To me Burlington’s remain one of the best deals for the buck. I’d rather be batting than pitching on this one. This watch is a Home Run out of the park.

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
posted
Congratulations! I thought that watch was a real sleeper, so I was the fellow just lower than you on the bidding! At least I learned that I've gotten better taste as my education continues!

And I would add - it is very nice to see it go to a true enthusiast and knowledgeable fellow like yourself.

Posts: 32 | Location: Southern Arizona in the USA | Registered: February 20, 2012
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Nice one Dave.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011