• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Gamse Movement "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Yes, I mispelled Waltham in the title! That's what this Waltham 1892 movement was under for a name on ebay and I able to pick it up for just over $50 with shipping. I got the movement yesterday and to my suprise, the only thing broken on it is the staff. I will be cleaning and working on this one over the weekend. I can already tell it will clean up very well and be very beautiful.

I looked up the serial number and it is a "Vanguard" grade in the hunting model. It came from a run of 20. Any guesses on how many were for Mr. Gamse? I'm thinking possibly all of them, but don't have anything to back it up.

Any idea what this will be worth once I put a good dial and a good hunting case on it? I'm not sure if the Private Label Gamse name will help or hurt it with collectors.

Thanks,
Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Here is an after cleaning and staffing picture

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Very pretty, that was $50 well spent.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010