WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

FOR SALE: 1920 Elgin 17-Jewel Size 16 Antique Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello - I am a BRAND new member of IHC185 and this is my first watch posting, so I hope I'm doing this correctly and following all the rules!

I have a 1920 Elgin 17-Jewel Size 16 pocket watch (serial #: 23,023,997) I just listed on eBay a few days ago (here is the link):

Link on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260900...id=p3984.m1555.l2649

The auction ends on 11/30, and bidding starts at $99.

This near mint condition size 16 Elgin antique pocket watch is a stem-set with a nickel case and a very nice crystal (very minimal scratches / scuffs). It has a 17-jewel damaskeened movement, a flawless double-set dial (no marks or hairline cracks) and all 3 hands are matching gun-metal blue and in excellent condition.

Watch was just cleaned, oiled and serviced (replaced mainspring with a brand new white alloy "unbreakable" mainspring). I have been winding and running it for a week and have also 6-way tested it for accuracy, and it keeps perfect time. Very clean, solid and strong-running pocketwatch.

There is a very minor ding/dent on the back of the case (in fact, it's so minor I can't even get it to show up in the photos!), but otherwise a very, very nice pocketwatch that should run for many more years to come (nearly 92 years so far and still going strong!) :-)

More pics on the eBay posting. Please don't hesitate to contact me with questions.

Thanks!
MC

Posts: 2 | Location: St. Cloud, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: November 12, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Mike, welcome to our group. Your watch is certainly a nice starter piece. It is a very popular grade 387. One of 357,000 made within which yours was produced in 1920.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thank you, David! This is a GREAT site! So much knowledge, information and common interest. Proud to be a member!

Posts: 2 | Location: St. Cloud, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: November 12, 2011