Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Who amongst us can give a dateline for the different Hamilton boxes;
Wooden Boxes:
Leatherette Boxes:
Brown Cardboard Pull-Aparts:
Blue Cardboard Pull-Aparts:
Plastic Cigarette Boxes:
I thought it would be interesting to know a close year they started and ended and what watches would have gone in them Roll Eyes
I am thinking they probably would all be in Hamilton cases also, right Confused
That would probably mean early 1900's to 1960's. And I would suspect that with the end of one type or style of box, another would take over Confused
I don't seem to be able to pull anything down, at least in concrete on the various boxes. Perhaps it would be a much needed tool in pursuit of correctness without speculation.
If I left any boxes out, I would appreciate knowing those also Roll Eyes
regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Just to get it started, the Hamilton 992B/950B plastic cigarette boxes, which also had a blue cardboard outer box (see picture), started in 1940 and continued into the late 50's. I'm not sure of the exact end date.

Hamilton 992B/950B Inner & Outer Boxes

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Allright Ed,
Now thats a great start Big Grin
1 Out of 5 in 45 minutes
We only have 4 more to go Eek
It can be done by you guys that know and would prove invaluable and maybe save some of us some hard earned $$$$ and weed out the fakes Mad
NEXT???
We appreciate it too Big Grin
Regards,
bb

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Here is one from 1952. I'm sure it is not the last one!

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Oops, almost forgot, photo's by Phil Sanchez.

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Thank you Edward!! That should wrap up the "plastic cigarette boxes" Wink
NOW lets move on to the remaining Hamilton boxes at the start of this post. I believe most of the 10 & 12 sizes came or could have come in Hamilton gift or presentation boxes. So what I am very interested in would be the 16size watches and the time frames and the different models that came in them. Take the Hamilton "wooden boxes" for example; I have seen models 952, 954, 956, and 994's in those boxes. But I would like to know exactly what others may have come in them and the dates they started and ended as closely as possible to each of the remaining 4 boxes.
So we need info on 16size watches for;
Wooden Boxes
Leatherette Boxes
Brown Cardboard Pull~Aparts
Blue Cardboard Pull~Aparts
Most of the time we will run across these boxes with no watches and no paperwork so we are left with no insight except speculation as to what they once held. Thats what this post is about Roll Eyes Come on brothers/sisters Wink
Regards,
bb

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
I have more than a passing interest in the wooden presentation cases. Doesn't anyone on IHC185 have one or more?

posted
Here's one, Ed:

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Mitch Markovitz
posted
Has anyone ever seen an untouched, still with the ribbon tape around the watch Hamilton 992B in a plastic case?

Posts: 464 | Location: Northern Indiana in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2009
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
You are doing some realy nice work Eric!

I have some 30 year old black walnut and I thought I would try and duplicate the original boxes. I have the dimensions for a 12s box, but need them for the latger size boxes.
Anyone have one?