Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton size 12 movements "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I need ya'll's honest opinion. I am going to sell 4 Hamilton movements as a group of 4 movements, a 910, 912, 914, and a 916. They are all 17 jewel I believe and they all have no case except one and it is a ratty case I do not believe goes with the watch. Three of the four have hands (even though the minute hand on one is mounted upside down), and all four have good balance staffs as far as I can tell. Two of them are ticking away and I don't know how accurate they are but seem to be running fine.

I was going to put them on the bay but I was wondering if something like this would be good to offer here. I have not been a member long enough to know if there are members here that would like these. If not I will put them on the bay tonight or Tuesday.

Please give me your honest opinion. PLEASE.

Thank you,
Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
Well, It costs nothing to list them here and if you have a reserve then you protect yourself from a price you may feel is too low. IMO you really have nothing to lose.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
IHC Member 1610
posted
Hello Roger,
You know I had not thought about that. You are absolutely right. I will list it here.
Thank you,
Harry

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Harry I can't wait to see those size 12 movements
but I need only one can you auction them by one not as a group?

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
Hi Peter,
I could but let me ask you this. Do you need one in a case? I am going to put a Hamilton 12s up in a beautiful tri fold Hamilton case. I am getting rid of all my 12s. I think I have two Hamilton's in gold filled case (or maybe one) and two or three Illinois in glod cases and I think a couple of Hampdens. I can look and see which model is in the case if you are interested in one in a case. Please let me know. I'll wait to hear back before I list them.
Thanks,
Harry

posted
I have a nice case that size 12 autocrat was in it
but is dead now so nice size 12 movement is all
I need but do not wait for me list the way you like
and if I see what I like I will bid Smile

posted
Do size 12 Hamiltons require a particular case?

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
posted
Mike, yes Hamiltons require special size cases. The early Hamiltons like the 920, 900, 910 and 914 require a larger than size 12 case. Later Hamilton size 12 watches like the 922, 902, 904, 918 and 912 require smaller than size 12 cases. The 12 size watches were cased at the factory so it only became a problem if trying to switch to another manufacturer's case after the initial sale.

Posts: 292 | Location: Vancouver, Washington, USA | Registered: May 19, 2005
IHC Member 1610
posted
I don't know enough about cases on Hamilton 12s. But Michael sounds like he does. So it sounds like Michael has some sound advice.

Peter I am not sure which movement would fit that case. After reading Michael's reply do you? Only the 910 and 916 are running and I don't know how well they are keeping time but I'm sure that is an easy fix. The 912 and 914 have good balance that spin freely but I don't know if all they need is a good cleaning or if they have a more serious problem.

Harry

posted
Thanks for the info Michael .
Mike I do have case for Illinois watch so I'm out Frown