WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Advertising Watch-Unsweetened Cream with Cow on Dial "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
This is so Neet!
This is what the Ad represents

Sheila

charles9

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
This is another Ad

Sheila

charles10ww

posted
This is the watch

Sheila

charles1w

posted
Closer look

On an Elgin in ebay auction. I LIKE IT!

Sheila

charles2

posted
Shiela,
I had a movement with a dial with a cow that was an ad for a cream separator. It was a Swiss mv't with problems and sold too cheap I think. I would buy it today for more than I sold it for. Good dials are just not coming back! Cream related stuff sells well too. I've seen that unsweetened cow before. Those pictorial dials are really nice.
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Very interesting Sheila, this is an example of a watch that's a double collectible, as it would be of interest to both watch collectors and collectors of dairy industry items! That's the same kind of appeal railroad watches have for collectors of railroad memorabilia.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Cort,
I must say that good Dials have been more interesting to me lately, and I like the Ad ones a lot.

Ed,
So true, I had never really paid much attention to an Ad dial until recently, but I think the new collectors, and some of us "oldies" are noticing them a lot more today.

Not that many of them though!

Sheila