• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Swiss Ball pocket watches collectible? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am wondering,e how collectible are the Ball watches made by the Swiss. I have a 435C and was just wondering about the worth and collectability. Thanks for any comments.

bchur

Posts: 38 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: November 06, 2011
posted
I thought collectibility would be on the low end. However, I looked at a 2000 "Complete Guide" and all Ball Swiss have increased in value (much to my surprise), and several new models have been added. I have no clue as to availability of Ball-Swiss parts should any be needed; might be hard to locate. I have no idea about Ball-Swiss quality. If the watch quality is good to excellent, you might find some great buys out there. Good post!

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
posted
Hi Bill,
I have been watching s few of them on the other auction site, and have found over the past months they appear to have increased in value substantially. Particularly the 435C, which would have met RR standards, with the jeweling and adjustments.
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
IHC Member 1110
posted
Hi, Bill.I asked the same question about 2 years ago, and only got one reply.I've seen these Record Ball watches go for a lot of money, even more than say a Waltham Ball.I think they are a nice watch, probably about equal with a 571 Elgin or a 992B.I hope to get one someday!Best regards, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1110
posted
Has anyone ever seen any Ball ads for these?Seems like they would have put advertising in the railroad magazines at least.All the ones I've seen pictures of were in stirrup-bow Ball model cases.I wonder if any were in stainless steel or nickel cases.For some reason they have the set lever over around the 11 o'clock area, like a Waltham wind indicator.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008