• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois 18 size Time King in a HC. ??????? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was not aware that Illinois made a Time King in a 18 size HC. I can't seem to find reference for it. Can anyone enlighten me?
This is the narrative I found with the watch.

Description: ILLINOIS POCKET WATCH 17j TIME KING HUNTING MODEL 2-TONE MARKED DIAL FANCY GOLD FILLED HUNTING CASE. This pocket watch was produced in 1899. The feature of this watch is both the two-tone movement and a signed original "Time King" porcelain dial. This dial signature matches the signature on the movement. This watch is a rare hunting case model version of this already scarce model. MOVEMENT: 18s, hunting model, lever set, full plate nickel/gilt checkerboard damascening, "Time King", "Adjusted", #1,386,965.

Thanks,
John

Posts: 78 | Location: Greenwood, South Carolina USA | Registered: May 20, 2005
posted
Photo #2

posted
Photo #3

posted
John -

Short answer is yes this watch is listed in the Ehrhardt/Meggers "gold" book, and I am sure I've seen a number of them.

Even though it shows some damage, it is nice to see the correct signed dial with this watch ... besides the matched "Time King" signature the style of the outer track fits with the grade and late 1890's time-frame of the movement.

I can't really access my Illinois private-label notes right now to give any more than this, but I'll take a look through what I have and post some more details this weekend.

Fred

posted
Thank you Fred. I appreciate the info. Shugart's did not list a HC model at all, but did list the OF. I was curious about it since I had not seen one before, and couldn't find anything on it. Of course.......there are a lot of watches I haven't seen before! Big Grin

Thanks again,
John