• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Update on the Missing Elgin Website/Database "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
The Elgin Watch Collectors Site which has been down for many months, has been partially resurrected and is on line now. This was done by someone (not Wayne) using Wayne's archived data.

LINK

Most of the data seems to be there except the original serial number search capability is not working. However, there is another s/n look up database which is linked from the Elgin Databases/Serial Number Lookup page. Or you can find it at Pocketwatchdatabase.com which also has South Bend and Hamilton pocket watch serial number lookups. My understanding is that intent is to continue to add to and improve the information on the site.

Posts: 346 | Location: Woodland Hills, California in the USA | Registered: January 07, 2011
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Does anyone know what happened to Wayne?

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Brian I guess what happened to Wayne does not matter, or at least that is my impression.

My impression is that Wayne tried to keep his site impartial and just provided the information based on his extra efforts as part of the hobby and being an Elgin collector.

Wayne's search version was much better and maybe that will return also, but I think impartial went the way of the "dodo".

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 1369
posted
...piggybacking on this topic...

Is there a good reference book about Elgin such as the ones about Illinois [for example]. I have done a quick search and have not come up with any possibilities so thought I would ask.

Thanks

Posts: 542 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: February 10, 2010
posted
The Elgin serial number guide is where Wayne originally gathered most of his information and these are no longer in print but you can find them on ebay from time to time if you do a search under Roy Erhardt (spelling?)

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009