Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Santa-Fe Special Ad "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I bought a 1921 edition of popular mechanics at a auction a couple of weeks ago and found this ad along with several others in the magazine.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Samie,
This is a very nice Sante Fe watch ad. Don't you wish we could buy one of these watches today at these terms?

posted
Notice that the ad makes no mention of this watch being accepted by the railroads. Although the jewel count is mentioned, adjustments are not. The picture would lead one to believe that this is a railroad grade watch.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Wonder if their oft mentioned lifetime guarantee is still in place? WinkRegards. Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Oh, and one correction...if you read WAY down in the fine print in the right column, they DO state these are 'in service on practically every railroad in the country'. Regards. Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
i thought one of the interesting points to the add was seeing the different cases that were offered ,,a lot of time these old ad,s show us things about a watch we might not already know..

I sold a santa fe special that had a blue santa fe logo on the back of the case ,,i find it interresting that there was so many different style cases offered with the santa fe. special watch..

Was it railroad approved i will leave that question to the experts..I will say this about the santa fe watches they were a fine watch and great timekeepers..

posted
Samie: Here is an example of a case that was available for a hunting cased Santa Fe Special. This is a Santa Fe Special marked case

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Heloo Jerry that is a beautiful case,thanks for showing it..I have had several different styles of the santa fe case and yours for sure is a nice one..