Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Who sawed my [Waltham] watch in half???? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Patrick Wallin
posted
Waltham 16s, 17 Jewel, 4 Adj, Serial 33862038. It’s cut off clean (Professionally) at the MS barrel location. There is no MS barrel or spring. It has an odd Pillar plate in that the bridges actually are sunk into the plate. It is not now or never will be a working unit.
What is it?

Posts: 1732 | Location: Enumclaw, Washington in the USA | Registered: October 02, 2011
posted
Swiss?

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
With the center wheel missing as well, it may be instructional, R&D, or a sample of the eascpement series. A valid collectible from Waltham Engineering. Maybe our new member Chris can add to this.

The serial number takes it past the 1953 cutoff date for the Waltham records I have.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Chris Carey
posted
Pat do you have a picture of the other side of the mechanism? Waltham did manufacture watches for industrial use. The purpose of this particular one I cannot say.

Posts: 2 | Location: Newton, Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: May 15, 2013
Picture of Francesco Marco Maraschin
posted
It is also missing the regulating screw and the regulating spring (don't know is those are the right terms)

Best regards
Francesco

Posts: 226 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: November 19, 2012