Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Two unusual Dueber Hunting Case Railway Cases "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
I have owned several Dueber Railway cases but this is the first time I have ever had a Dueber Hunting Case specifically marked Railway. I acquired these both within a 2 week period from different parts of the country. They are exactly alike and one of them even has the original case paper. They are both Silverine with gold hinges and excellent workmanship. Has anyone seen these types of cases before?

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Open cases

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
inside back

IHC Life Member
posted
Case paper.

Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Deacon: Nice cases. The paper is great. It really adds to the collectiblity as far as I'm concerned. Thank you for sharing.

What kind of watches are in them?

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Richard,
Nice cases. You don't see many of those around.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 1110
posted
Deacon, Really nice!Are they empty,and if so what are you going to put in them?..Ted Brown.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1110
posted
I'm not too swift sometimes, I was looking at the cases and didn't even see the dials!

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
The case with the Paper has a 17j Special Railway from about 1888-89. I think it is original to the case. The other case had a 23j New Railway from about 1906 but I just don't think it is original to the case. I would guess a 17j Railway movement would be correct. Interestingly the cases are only about 100 serial numbers apart. If anyone else has a Hampden hunter with the railway marking I would like to hear about it.

Deacon