Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watch Stand Kit for sale "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Please reply if you could use this universal watch stand kit with built in chain/fob box. I have about 75 of them laser cut from precision ply would cost $10.00 each, 2 for $15.00 (with 10% going to the 185 legal recovery fund) shipped 1st class post-paid (in USA).

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 935
posted
Yes, David, and I would like to be the first buyer of two stands. How do I get in touch with you?

Mort

Posts: 175 | Location: Davis, California USA | Registered: March 10, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Send your mailing address to me; david@glopar.com
I will send the stands and you can remit the payment.
btw, there is no limit on how many of these I can do. So everybody, you get a great stand, and your donations will help IHC185 preserve our humanity! "let's rock"

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Nifty item Dave!

Thanks for making it available.

Debbie
Smile

Posts: 5262 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
David, I'll take a couple. I'll eMail you shortly.

Posts: 357 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: April 05, 2008
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
hello Dave I will take four

Buchaneer

I will send you my address

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I would like 3 sets of 2 right? 6 total.

These are wonderful. I need something just like this. I hate to remove a chain when watching a timepiece for acuracy, and I often mix up chains when I have to take the chains off. Although I like the plastic ones for keeping my watches off my desk, these will look wonderful, and keep the chains with the watch they belong to.

Will I be able to stain these?

Great find!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Sheila, Thank you, these are laser cut from 1/8" plywood, and can be sanded, stained, or what have you. Try to use a stain or finish that will not "argue" with the metal of the watch, or cut and stick in some felt pads.

E-mail me your address, and I will get them out to you right away.

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Yep! that was my first thought, I don't want to use anything that can harm my watches, and thought maybe just using an oil would do the trick, but I'm not real sure of that either.

I'll figure it out.

I swear your brain and mine are connected! The FIRST thing I thought of was a felt like lining for the chain space, and even wondered if a small watch would fit in the back if I needed it, so natually, I thought of a felt or cloth for one to sit on.

Again, Great Item, Thanks!

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Comeone everybody who loves Pocket Watches, these are great, so far we have sold some to;
Carlos Cons
Larry Buchan
Mortimer Schwartz
Sheila Gilbert
Bob Farricy
The more we can do, the more 185 legal recovery fund gets to keep us "FREE" from the naysayers!
(my "idea" prototypes pictured below)

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
For those of you who have "fear of Kitting", here's the "destructions".

Word DocWatch_Stand_Kit_Instructions.doc (398 Kb, 157 downloads)