Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Santa Fe Special "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1357
posted
21 jewels RRG561 s/n 3993497 circa1922.Got this recently and it was in need of a good COA and I sent it to Michael Cousineau.The watch not only looks much better but is running very well.The turnaround was very quick and I might add the price was very reasonable! Any comments on this watch good or bad is appreciated!Happy 4th.let us not forget! Roger

bezel off

Posts: 4093 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1357
posted
Back of case

case back

IHC Member 1357
posted
bezel on

bezel on

IHC Member 1357
posted
movt.1

movt.1

IHC Member 1357
posted
movt.2

movt.2

IHC Member 1357
posted
Wellington Peerless case

Wellington Peerless case

IHC Member 1016
posted
Other than the obvious dial issues there is the case issue. I am no expert, but the Santa Fe Specials should be in a Santa Fe Special signed case to be a "top dollar" watch. I would look for a properly matched set of dial, mvmnt, and case to have a truely correct watch. i might add that they are very difficult and expensive to get a movement, then a dial, then a case.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1357
posted
Thanks Mike,everything you pointed out is correct and I am on the prowl now for dial and case.Regards Roger

posted
Thanks Roger, I enjoyed helping with your project! Nice watch.

Posts: 7 | Location: St. Helen, Michigan in the USA | Registered: June 01, 2011
posted
There are more than a few that bad-mouth the Santa Fe or the Burlington as not being a RR watch but since the two appear to be adjusted to 3 positions many railroads would have accepted them for use. The Santa Fe is a bit more of an eye candy movement than the Burlington and usually tend to be about 2x more than the Burlington in cost. I tend to think the case and dial will be a bit difficult to find, nice watch to have in a collection.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 1357
posted
Claude,I agree with you.The case and dial will be difficult to find.Both the Burlington and the Santa Fe seem to be very good watches and keep very good time. Regards Roger

posted
Dial could be replaced.To be a top notch the watch should be in a Santa Fe Special case which was triple signed.I sold one about 3 months ago and it was the deal.Triple signed gold filled case Santa Fe and Illinois marking on the dial.That is the true Santa Fe special.So good luck if you find the case and replace the dial.Johnny

Posts: 50 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: April 28, 2009
posted
Roger,
There is a triple signed Santa Fe watch on Ebay now, but ending soon. You may want to view the pictures for reference.

Posts: 93 | Location: Cockeysville, Maryland in the USA | Registered: October 28, 2009
IHC Member 1357
posted
Thanks Vincent,I will take a look. Roger