Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

L&R Vari Matic Cleaning Machine "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Anyone ever use one of these if you ever do you will throw rocks at everthing else..

These are a work horse and build like a tank they never wear out..These swish back and forth like the old 3 jar cleaners but also have ultarsonics and are automatic.You put your watch movement in the frist jar and set the time you want on each jar it then does the cleaning in the frist ,.the head then raises up and spins out then the table rotates too the next jar and the head lowers into it and rinses ,,same on each jar it then goes too the dryer and dries the movement it then rasies up and shuts off.. What i really like about these is put in you movement and forget about having too switch from jar too jar like you do on most cleaners it does that for you.

I just bought these 2 the other day i have already wnet throught one of them and made some minor adjustment on the micro swithches and blead the system these have been in storage for 10 or more years. Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Samie are you going to sell one of those to me? Big Grin
One that is working of course. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Samie

If you have teh cover off I would be very interested if you can get a photograph of ultrasonic card in there see if the same as the newer Tempo machines I use.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Phillip i probaly will sell a couple of these since i bought these 2 i made a deal on 2 more that i will need too go pick up in Ohio.These are too heavy too ship they weigh probaly 80 lbs.Maybe we can meet up sometime at a show.

Chris i will take the cover off and take a picture for you i also have all the original books on these. Smile

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
Samie, I will be going to the Lexington show in Feb. Save me one.

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Phil i will do that . Smile

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
quote:
Samie, I will be going to the Lexington show in Feb. Save me one.

Now there is a man with plenty of money doesnt even ask the price, even though these go for over 1k.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Wink

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
posted
Rob, not to worry, Samie's first price will be much too low for me, that will give me the chance to bring out my fine negotiating skills Big Grin

Buy high, sell low, that's my motto. Big Grin

posted
Sammie, I'm a new member and have been buying pocket watches, parts, tools, bench, books, etc. so that I can work/service some of the watches I have purchased. I just bought a L&R Vari-Matic today. I live in Bowling Green. I'd like to meet you someday, if possible. greg.fotos@wnky.net is my email address.

Posts: 16 | Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky in the USA | Registered: September 14, 2010
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Sure Gregory that would be a pleasure give me a call sometime.606-348-5240