Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Private Label Rockford from Nebraska "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

For those who want a private label from every state or just happen to admire unusual watches, check this IHC185 Auction...

NEBRASKA PRIVATE LABEL ROCKFORD "The Busy Jeweler" (ENDS SUNDAY 29TH AT 22:00 EDT)

It would be interesting to know more about "H.M. Dayton, The Busy Jeweler from Alma, Nebraska".

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
In the 1920 census for Alma Nebraska there is a Henry M. Dayton born about 1873 in Illinois, he is listed as a jeweler at a jewelery store, he was married to Nellie & they had daughters Elsie & Lola, sons Wilbur & Clarence.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
According to his WWI reg. form he was born 12/03/1872, his middle name is Milo & he was a jeweler & optometrist.

Tom

draft

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Thanks a million Tom!

Looks like everything we want to know is out there, we just have to know where to look and how to look there! Thanks for all you do to help all of us my friend.

I like that "The Busy Jeweler" slogan!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Tom you have an ability to find information where no one else can, we really do appreciate this wealth of info,
Thanks,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Glad to help, just wish I could find more. I was hoping to find something about why he was "The Busy Jeweler" I like that too.

Tom