• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball 18s Model A, E, F H "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have seen the early ball 18s 999 differentiated by model A, or 999E, 999f 999h etc.

What distinguishes the different models.

Thanks,

Charlie

posted
Dale McConnel posted a pic of a model A over in the parts wanted section. I'll try to post it here, but still don't know why the A.

The E, F & H models were referenced in the Hamilton book.

BTW, Dale is looking for a regulator, reg spring and screw for it.

posted
Charlie -

I have seen a few other marked "A" as Charlie's watch is, all relatively early in the Ball production (marked Ball & Co. not Ball Watch Co.).

I have never seen them marked with any other letter than "A".

Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer.

Fred

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Charlie,

I've often wondered, but I have never gotten a good explanation of the "Adjusted A" designation. There is nothing apparently different other than the marking. Those of us who obsess over these things will eventually figure it out. I do not recall seeing a reference to the "A" from Ed and Kent in their four part Bulletin series on Ball Watch Company products. Was there, did I miss it?

Anyone know about that or who might have extras of the parts Dale needs?

Lindell

Wink Eek Confused

Dale's dial is a favorite of mine, it is not at all common...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002