WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Rarest Watches Known with Consecutive Serial Numbers ? "Click" to Login or Register 
12-Size Expert
Picture of Robert Schussel
posted
Below are various pictures of two Hampden 15 jewel Grade 327s with consecutive serial numbers.
The Grade 327 may prove to be the only 12 size Hampden grade that has a Tu tone movement.

I had to pay $225 for the watch on the right 092 which was the most I ever paid for a Hampden in a Goldfilled case. The watch on the left 091 came in a beatup Duber case which I replaced with a similar Dueber case--paid $125 for it.

At the moment these are the only known grade 327--thus my claim of the rarest pair known.

I have one more pair to show once I dig thru my pile . I hope others will dig theirs out to show

Bob

PS I think the hands on the left are more likely to be original.

Posts: 621 | Location: Vallejo, California U.S.A. | Registered: July 10, 2004
12-Size Expert
posted
Movement 091
Taken with a Macro lens 1:1 ratio of image.

12-Size Expert
posted
Movement 092

12-Size Expert
posted
Movement

12-Size Expert
posted
As promised I am posting my other set of consecutive numbered watches.

The watches are 12 size 21j Illinois Grade 438--the so called extra thin model.Very little is known about them and around 1,200 serial numbers were reserved for this grade.

Lindell sold me one of the watches when he discovered I owned a 438 one serial number away from his. This watch is currently with Chris Abell
as an amateur watchmaker at some point put an incorrect gear in the setting mechanism.

The 438 is very unusual as it came in a stainless steel case.Whether it was recased has been debated--however in the 1920's a stainless steel case would have valued in much the way titanium cases are today--hip and unusual
movement 477

12-Size Expert
posted
Movement 476

12-Size Expert
posted
Dial for mvt 476

Until I photographed the dial and blew up the picture I did not realise it is a SWISS made dial--see below the seconds bit--its very hard to see without a magnifying lens.

12-Size Expert
posted
Case for mvt 476
The watch is factory cased-- marked Aristocrat on the outside of the dust cover. Most Aristocrat cases I have seen are marked Aristocrat on the inside of the cover in small font.

Hope everyone has a good New Year
Bob