Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A "Cosmic" win! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Sometimes an old fuddy duddy like me gets lucky even! I see this estate liquidator selling; "Pocket Watch Lot Includes Hampden Illinois & More" . . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
So I win it, cause the "& more" happens to be a rare Rockford "Cosmos" . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The dial could be better, but we can clean up that cause the sig is priceless and L@@K at the hands!

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The uniquely damaskeened movement is also signed "Cosmos" . . .

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
and all the bits are gold filled or gold plated. It is running 17999-18002 pendant up without cleaning! A good sign for what it is and will become after restoration!

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The other two watches are nice too. A Hampden Champion all original and ready to restore and a nice early Grade 60S Illinois with a Chalmers Regulator!

posted
David-

I also spotted this lot, but decided not to pursue it as I really don't collect rockfords, although this one caught my eye. very nice watch indeed and not an easy one to find!

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Looks like a lot of people saw this watch, me to. But it soon went over my limit.

Posts: 1143 | Location: Chicago, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 05, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Congrats on the "cosmic win" Dave, I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures of the restored watch.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Dave,

Nice Cosmic pocket watch! The dial and hands are super-funky and I love it!

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Hi David, I also was looking at your COSMOS, please post some pics after restoration.

Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007