Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

I have a couple of watchs that need either .... "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bob Williams
posted
I have a couple of watches that need either ....
cleaning, repair or both, I was wondering if David Abbe does this kind of work. If so can you give me your e-mail so I can contact you directly ?

Many thanks.......

Bob Williams

Posts: 52 | Location: Toledo, Ohio in the USA | Registered: March 05, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Bob, Chris Abell is my choice for serious watch work.

While I have done a few watches for IHC185 members, I would recommend Chris Abell. If he tells me he is too busy, I will do some more from time to time.

I appreciate your attention, and must add that Chris makes his living keeping us "running", I (for now at least) live on some past work and do watches for the pure fun of learning what they are about.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Bruce Cunha
posted
Just received an e-mail from Chris about taking a look at my model 1877 Waltham. He e-mailed me back very quickly and said he would be happy to look it over and repair it if I wanted. I was impressed with his cleaning price and all the things he did for that price.

Posts: 83 | Location: Central Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: December 26, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Thank you all,

I am taking on work still not to far behind at the moment.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Picture of Bob Williams
posted
Chris, I tried to send you an e-mail on two pocketwatches I would like you to look at. The e-mail I sent you was rejected. This is the e-mail I used that I pulled off of your website. Abellwatchmakers"@nctv.com

Is there a better e-mail ?

Bob Williams

Bob Williams

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Bob,

Thats odd, its Abellwatchmakers@nctv.com

I will email you now check

thanks

Chris

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Picture of Bob Williams
posted
I think I found the problem , I have sent you 2 e-mails describing two watches ..... looking forward to your reply.

Bob Williams

Bob Williams

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Bob, As much as I love to work on watchs, I am happy that you were able to contact Chris. Chris has been an exemplary part of my restoorations too as I totally shy away from any <12s and/or "complicated" movements, and he speaks "swiss" better that me any time! (Swiss is a complication of German, Italian, French and the "Queen's English!)

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007