• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Elgin grade 149 18s 21j sidewinder "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I saw this one on ebay and ended up picking it up for ~$123, I cleaned the case and dial up and other than those chigger chips around the 5 (near lever) the dial is in very good condtion. The silveroid case has been swapped in and out of several movements by the looks of the screw marks but othr than needing a new crown and crystal it cleaned up very well.

The movement looks as though it has not been abused by use or poor repairs. I don't mind spending the money for a COA and repairs for a high grade movement and these 21j Elgin full plates are high grade in my opinion.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
Claude,
I think I was watching that one also, I was going to bid and watched it until the very last moment, and then my wife came in the room just as I was going to put in my bid, so now you own it and I don't. Oh, Well I already have 1 of them, but you know $125.00 is really good.
Looks good, enjoy,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
posted
Most of the time people ignore the Elgin grade 149 and 150 so I tend to keep and eye out for them and and try to pick them up cheap when I can.

Now I need to dig out a case screw to replace the missing one and do some touchup {solder the nick on the case) to clean the case up a bit.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009