Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Santa Fe Special dial question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
This dial doesn't look like the normal SFS dials I have seen. Has anyone seen one like this before?

By the way, this is my first post. This site is great. A wealth of knowledge for certain! Thanks to Larry Lamphier for helping me find this place. Smile

Posts: 496 | Location: Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: March 10, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Welcom Thomas. Your Santa Fs Special dial is indeed unique! Illinois produced a fair number of Santa Fe Special watches for the Santa Fe Watch Co., Topeka, Kansas that was managed (at least in part) by Mr. Montgomery, patent holder for the numeric Minute "Montgomery Dial". Your "Santa Fe Special" dial is NOT a "Montgomery" dial. This is a first for me! Is the movement a Santa Fe signed movement? What is the serial Number?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
Thanks for the reply. It is indeed a signed movement...and the case is signed as well.

The serial of the watch is 4307164.

Tom

IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Thomas welcome aboard and I am sure you will enjoy the club. It is a great place to learn. I have had several Santa Fe watches and have never seen a dial like yours. I am no expert on Santa Fe watches but I would guess that dial is quite scarce and would carry a substantial premium price. Best wishes.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
Thanks, Deacon. In the Illinois parts catalog in the Illinois forum, I saw a similar dial, but without the Santa Fe Special.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Welcome aboard Thomas! I see you are already availing yourself of IHC185's best feature, the helpfulness of other members in answering questions and otherwise sharing horological knowledge.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
FYI...I've listed this on eBay. I have the reserve set at $375. Bid high and bid often! Smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16s-21...&hash=item2a1c2be316

IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
reserve lowered to $325. auction ends tomorrow night.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
wow...I thought that would do better on eBay.

I'm going to list it here.