Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Yet Another, 3 in two days "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi everyone;

Wow, I'll have to go to bed earlier from now on. These things keep jumping off eBay right into my lap.

I found a rather nice watch in an unusual case, or so it appears to me. I've only seen these cases in silver before now. I found a beautiful Key Wind Key Set Waltham last night that just struck me as, well, real nice. If you see this one Jerry could you tell me where I can find all that good information about it? On another site it shows that 500 of these were made. Can you help with more info? Here's some photos.

Posts: 449 | Location: Ontario in Canada | Registered: September 28, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Bud,

Super nice! I'm still working on that crystal for you. It's a hard one but I still have a few more things to try.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
Hi William, and thanks for the kind comment. No hurry on that crystal either William. Whenever you get a minute is fine by me.

Bud

quote:
Super nice! I'm still working on that crystal for you. It's a hard one but I still have a few more things to try.

William

posted
Hi Bud,Here's a little more info on your watch.It's an 1877 model,15 jewels.Made in 1882.It's from a run of 299,but I have no idea how many total were made.I'm sure some one will answer that question.Regards Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
posted
Thank you Norm, that good to learn. Can you tell me where you were able to find this sort of information?

Bud

quote:
Hi Bud,Here's a little more info on your watch.It's an 1877 model,15 jewels.Made in 1882.It's from a run of 299,but I have no idea how many total were made.I'm sure some one will answer that question.Regards Norm

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Bud, your very nice watch is as Norman & Tom have described and I agree with you the case is very nice....

Additionally, I would add the following:

Serial Number 1666340 is #39 of a run of 300 sometime between 3/1/1882 to 5/31/1882 which was the 19th.of 81 runs made of the Mdl 1877....

There was 25,708 units made of the watch between 5/1/1880 and 8/31/1886....

Here is the Summary Report:

Model-Grade-Jewels-Style-Earliest----Latest------First-----Last----Runs--Count
1877--PSB-----15----KW---5/1/1880----8/31/1886---1345001---3080900--81---25708

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Bud, Very nice find. I am curious about the case maker. As you mentioned, most are silver or some kind of nickle alloy.
Are there any markings on the covers?? Ladd made a lot of yellow gold filled cases and his markings are usually under the crystal bezel A Gold marked case would be a super find.....Keith

Posts: 198 | Location: Vermilion, Ohio in the USA | Registered: May 14, 2003