• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Keystone JBoss case - need crown "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked this case up at a good price and it was used but not very much and I need to either get a new crown of a good fix method. The crown appears that the threads in the crown itself are stripped but the cylinder inside the crown that is tapped is ok.

Front

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
Shot of Back

posted
I have always heard this called Butler finish

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Nice case Claude....what's wrong with the crown that is on it now...? Does not look too worn at all....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
It will come off, as far as I can tell the threads in the crown are stripped. I would rather keep the original crown so I wondered if epoxy, solder or some other method would cure the stripped threads.

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Send a note to Leon, he may have a majic cure for this type thing....I agree the original crown would be best if it could be made to work....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
I'm sure there might be a better way Claude, but I once wrapped the threads on the staff with some plumbers tape, and it worked relly good.

Nice looking case!! Smile

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Larry I worked with it a bit so it is fitting tighter so the teflon/pipe tape might be the finishing touch.