WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

person buys watch that great grand parents sold in 1897 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1954
posted
I repair and sell a lot of watches on ebay.i recently listed a beautifull private label omega made for Estrella Del Norte in the Philippines.it was a high end jewellery store opened in the 1870's.this watch has the sellers name signed on the dial and the omega symbol also.the dial is mint and the movement is very nice and clean.the serial # is under the dial and was made in about 1897.a man from France emailed me and asked if I would ship to France.i said I would.he then told me that in 1897 when the watch was made,his great grandparents owned and managed Estrella Del Norte in the Philippines.he is getting back a great piece of his family history by acquiring this fine watch that was a private label made for his family.it makes me feel great it is going back where it will be deeply appreciated..Vic

Posts: 203 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 11, 2014
IHC Member 1555
posted
A great story Vic with a great ending.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Wow great story.
Victor make sure you ship register to France.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1954
posted
I will ship it air mail with tracking from here.it is going to be expensive.Vic

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Victor,

Can you post a couple of images.

Thanks,

Debbie

Posts: 5237 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 1954
posted
perfect dial.bulls eye is distorting end of name in picture,but mint, with nice original hands.

IHC Member 1954
posted
nice early omega movement.runs excellent and keeps good time..not original case,but looks great.when I got the watch,it was in a very heavily brassed gold filled case with the pendant and stem gone .was very dirty and couldn't tell how nice the dial was..cleaned up really nice.nice to save it from the scrap heap or parts pile..

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Thanks Victor!

Posts: 5237 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002