Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Here is a Green Gold Filled Wadsworth case "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Here is a great Green Gold Filled Wadsworth. Case that I need to find a 1924 Illinois to put back in it.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Serial # 6959136. The only brass showing thru is on the bow.

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
You mean Hamilton, right ??

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
No the only screw marks match up to an Illinois.
The sad thing is I have no idea what was in this case when I bought it. I was looking thru my 16sz case and this was in there. I marked Illinois with a magic marker when it was packed away. Which makes me think it was a low grade watch. If it would of been a Bunn I would of keep it with the watch when I was repairing it.

posted
Hi Eugene,Maybe this is a dumb question,but why does it have to be a 1924 Illinois?Regards,Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Gene,

Actually this is usually referred to as a "Crossbar" and as such it is the first Hamilton Railroad Case.

We have a specific Database and more information on these here...

CLICK FOR... Hamilton Wadsworth Case Numbers History and Database

In that forum you will see the Green Gold Filled early "Crossbar" from my collection. And taking this one step further, if you squint at the enhanced image below this post a bit it is possible see the faint markings (shown at red arrows) from a Hamilton 992 that would have originally been housed in this case. Please do post the case number as I could not see it clearly in your picture.

Lindell

Wink

Closer examination reveals original Hamilton marks...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hello Lin, Eugene posted the number of the case in his second photo as 6959136 which of course corresponds to the year of 1924....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Thanks Jerry,

The one shown as an example in our database images is 6902803 and it houses a "Made In USA" Hamilton 992 numbered 2306060 which is from 1924 production.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Eugene-a good jeweler should be able to burnish out those screw marks to near invisibility. Your best bet is to locate a Hamilton 992 of the era.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004