WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Of all my Keywinds this is my favorite... Illinois Model 1 Grade 3
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Of all my Keywinds this is my favorite... Illinois Model 1 Grade 3 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
It's an 11J Model 1 Grade 3. Only one I've seen. The watch book holds this is high reguards grouping all the 11j's together at an ABP of 100 bucks. I wouldn't sell this one for twice that.
Sorry for the bad pics with my old camera free hand but that's about all the time I have now days.

Posts: 175 | Location: Claremore, Oklahoma USA | Registered: January 03, 2003
posted
Dial

posted
Back of case

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I have an Illinois kw that looks like this with a 494xxx serial number that I really like, built in 1884.

Unfortunately it loses around 2 minutes a day, so it doesn't get carried a whole lot. Frown

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002

posted
Gents -

Don't let the 2 minutes per day keep you from carrying these gems around from time to time...

They all need love

Not sure how the "book" can only put a 100$ value on a watch like this.

Try to make a watch like it in today's world (with true craftsmanship) for under a 1000$. I say good luck to U!

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Jon, two minutes a day wouldn't bother me either. I'm not that important. Wink

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
I've got over 40 of these old watches. My rarest is a 2nd run Bunn that I more than likely over paid of it at $1800.

others:

USWC -marion - the best in this group is a hunter cased 15J George Channing that has a nickel movement.

Elgin, Illinois,Waltham, Rockford, Melrose, Hampden, New York Watch Co., and one that is more than likely a Swiss "Metropoliton Watch Co.

Anyone that has a case that would fit a 1866 Appleton Tracy I be interested in buying it. It won't fit in a normal KW case.

posted
Brian,

LoL - My wife is trying to find which one of my PW runs 10 minutes fast. Therefore, I might actually me on time. Big Grin

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
My day is run by the atomic clock in Boulder, CO., so yes, 2 minutes is a 'make or break' amount of time loss for me and my work.

That's why I regularily carry either my 23j Waltham Vanguard or 992b that has been timed out to seconds per week.

I pull out my KW for dress purposes and any civil war reinactments when they're close by, but otherwise it's not carried much when I'm at work.

I have to have an accurate timepiece.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
My favorite keywind... a classy, fancy Roman numeral dial on a high-class movement for its time.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
posted
.... and the dial to match.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
posted
A very nice watch Mike.