• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Well Marked Elgin BW Raymond "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked thisElgin up as a Buy it now on ebay the other weekend for $50.00 plus shipping. The pictures were terrible and the description not any better other than it said it was a 21 jewel and the person's grandfathers railroad watch. With not knowing what it was going to be like when I got it, the $50 seamed worth it even for parts to me. to my surprise when I got it, the watch was running very well and had a yellow crystal. I cleaned the watch up and put a glass crystal in and here it is!

The dial is chip and hairline free and also marked nicely with Invar Balance in the second bit area.

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Next, The movement.

It is a 21 jewel BW Raymond. It does have a few minor nicks and scratches, but overall looking nice.

posted
And last but not least, the case. It does have its slivers wear thru in a few spots on the outside, but is also marked "BW Raymond Model" and "Cased and timed by Elgin National Watch Co.".

I thought it was a pretty neat Combination of an Elgin. I've seen the BW Raymond cases before, and the "cased and timed" before and the "invar balance" before, but to find them all on one watch I thought was rather surprising.

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
A Keeper! Excellent find and save!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
David-

I saw one posting where it said you owned 2 or 3 of the invar marked ones at one point, so I figured it would catch your eye!

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Jared, this is a fine BW Raymond speciman, specifically a Grade 472 from a run in 1925 and having the Invar Balance makes this one the finest watches made during it's time....You should be proud of this watch and it certainly is a keeper.

You can go here, 1925 BW Raymond, and see what this watch looked like when coming from the factory....

Great find and a keeper

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008