Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Book "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1508
posted
Hey all. A couple of years ago, I purchased a book about Hamilton Watch Company entitled "Time for America Hamilton Watch 1892-1992" by Don Sauers. It covers in detail their entire history, from the short lived Adams and Perry days, the emergence from World War II as a giant conglomerate, to their end. Fascinating reading! I highly recommend this book, if you can find it.

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
posted
They can be found on Amazon.com. Various conditions and prices.That's where I got mine a few months back.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Good book - well written and has some nice color pictures in the middle. I used it as a reference for a local talk I will be giving on Hamilton Military Timepieces. I've had the book for about five years and just read it this week so Brad's post is very timely.

Posts: 1755 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: October 17, 2005
IHC Member 1508
posted
One of the things I found interesting was the family atmosphere that prevailed at Hamilton, especially in the earlier days. They had athletic teams, big company picnics, lunch time concerts, etc... Charles Rood, their first president, used to raise chickens on the front lawn. And if you were fortunate enough to work at Hamilton, you stayed there. Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010