Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Early Hamilton Signed 16sz Case Question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Just a note to aid discussion - the "clamshell" cases are generally known as single-jointed cases since front and back are joined with a single hinge. By doing away with the case body these cases have a thinner profile and were also probably much cheaper to make as the inner movement ring could be base metal.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
A friend of mine is about to acquire a Hamilton 961 in a mint case (althought his photos don't do it justice). The movement is a signed 961 but the value is in the case.

It is a multi-color, signed Hamilton case, the like of which I have never seen. I'll post a few of the available photos (apologies) and I'd appreciate any information anyone has.

My guess is it might be a one-of-a-kind case that Hamilton might have been induced to produce beaused it was an award in an event.

Posts: 986 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: June 19, 2005
posted
Back of case.

posted
Case front.

posted
Face and dial.

I wish the photos were better but they are all I have. I'm told that the watch really shows well and it absolutely mint. I'd expect as much... these really fancy ones didn't get much wear.

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Wow what a nice case i think you are right one of a kind.I know it won,t be for sale but i would pay some serious money for that one.. Smile

thanks for sharing it..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
I wish it were mine. It's not and it won't be! Frown

Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Peter,
Do you have the movement s/n and case mfg?

Just curious as to when it was made and who made the case.

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
posted
I don't have the watch at all.... just someone else's photos. Here's a shot of the movement.

Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Thanks Peter, Looks like they only made 1152 pendant set from 1900-08 and 1100 lever set from 1906-10.

Beautiful watch.

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Ethan,

Sorry to pull up such an old thread but,

If you still have the Hamilton 950 serial #785,630

Could I possibly see a picture of the movement ??

I am interested to see whether your 1911 jeweled bbl has
a chromed washer over the ratchet wheel or whether they
weren't on them back then.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Ethan,
I have found another post that shows your movement #785630. And that it does not have the "hubcap" washer on the ratchet wheel. That is what I needed for my research, thanks !!

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009