Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

waltham riverside mainspring repair "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Hello, I recently acquired a 16 size-19 jewel Waltham Riverside-serial#17059340 from ebay. The mainspring is slipping in barrel. I am not familiar with this type of barrel, is it a motor barrel? if so can someone help me with disassembly techniques? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks. Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Gary some of the waltham,s have a 2 piece barrel arbor that screws apart...the way i take them apart is after i get the mainspring barrel out i put the rachet wheel back on the arbor and tighten up the rachet wheel screw to hold it in place...I then hold the mainspring barrel and turn the rachet wheel it should screw apart.

Maybe someone knows a better way to do it but that,s how i take them apart.

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
I've only done a couple, Samie, but that was EXACTLY how I was taught. I even had to be reminded when I serviced that 19J Riverside that I bought recently.

Posts: 986 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: June 19, 2005
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Thank you everyone for your help. It's great to have a forum like this. This is my first posting, and I am grateful for the responses to my query. Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007