Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Timing and Repeating "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
I recently picked this watch up just becuase it was a joy to look at (pics do not do it justice). Can anyone give me a short rundown on this company.. I know they shared a patent with Waltham, but that is about it.. Also, is there a special name for this type of dial?

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
pic of the movement

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
Timing & Repeating Watch Co. made a complete line of complicated watches. The high end products are as good as any produced by other companies.

In these plain chronographs, they are remarkably similar to the Waltham products as you can see from this similar Waltham example. (click to make it larger.)

The dial on your watch seems like an exceptional example of this type of fancy dial. I would call the numerals guilloche plaques. They are not really guilloche because there is no engraving under the enamel. I actually do not know how they achieve that look.

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Tom, Thanks for the information.

Bruce Byrd