Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

992 movement "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello Members
I have another question for my 992 movement.I put in a new mainspring.And noticed the center little arbor that should be catching the new mainspring,is not.Does anyone know where I can buy one for it
Thank You
Rick

Americo Rizzuti

Posts: 46 | Location: Connecticut in the USA | Registered: January 09, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Rick sometimes you have to reform the end of the mainspring so that it will engage in to the mainspring barrel arbor. I have never seen a barrel arbor that has the tooth broken off. Not saying that yours in not broken. If for some reason yours is broken. I'm sure I would have a replacement.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Rick, Two things to watch out for.

Like Eugene said, I'm almost SURE the little tooth is still on the arbr.

One thing is to be sure the mainspring is turning in the right direction to catch it.

The next, is to be VERY carefull when bending the end of the spring that you don't break it.

Once you think you have it bent enough, you can center the arbor in the barrel and turn it untill you see it catch the spring. I usually grab it with a set of cerved needle nose plyers and turn it from the other side, almost as if winding it, just to be sure it is going to catch befor putting the cover back on and installing it.

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
posted
Thank You Larry and Eugene for your replies
I have been reshaping the mainspring many times,and the last time I rewound it counter clockwise to make sure,it was as to a article I read here at this club,and when I was using my tool to wind it back into its case,it grabbed the spring just great,
So Eugene If you would I will buy the arbor and the two different size jewels that go into this assembly Please and Thank You
Rick

Americo Rizzuti

posted
Hello Eugene Buffard
I forgot to give you my E-Mail To talk about the arbor or other parts it is rizzuti@sbcglobal.net

Americo Rizzuti