Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Latest Project "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1613
posted
I will have to start about 3 or 4 years ago....I bought a 17 size Sangamo movement off someone I am thinking maybe Tom Dunn...Can't remember for sure....Memory is kind of slipping these days...It has been laying in a drawer....I didn't think I would ever find the parts to make a complete watch but I was always looking...About a year or so ago I found a dial for it and still didn't think there was much hope...About 6 or 8 months ago I found the three correct hands for a 17 size Sangamo...A few week ago I saw a Sangamo case...It was a green gold filled ridged bow case...A little pricy but I have looked so long for one I went for it...The only other thing it needed now was a minute wheel and with the help of Twin City Supply I was able to come up with that.....I sent it off to a friend to service it....Now here is the completed watch project...

Posts: 2003 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Pic 2

Posts: 2003 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Pic 3

IHC Member 1613
posted
Sorry the pictures aren't the best....It wasn't the cheapest watch project I have ever done but I think it turned out to be a pretty nice watch...

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Very Nice Gary !!

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1613
posted
Thank you Buster....I am very happy with the way it turned out....

IHC Member 1892
posted
Well done Gary. I am always thrilled to see another one saved, It looks great, John

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
IHC Member 1110
posted
Nice watch Gary! Sometimes it pays to hang on until everything comes together.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008