• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball ORRS 16 Size Case "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Lindell and I have talked about this case. It is serial number 9138817. It has all the necessary markings on the case, and the back, bezel and frame all bear the same number. The design on the bezel and back edges are identical to another Ball case I have. Lindell says the number is very high, and of course the bow is strange. What can we say about it? Kathy's Korner has stirrup bows with out pegs, but is getting some with pegs. Should the bow be changed?

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Jerry,

In the image below you'll see what your case looked like a few decades ago. Your crown is somewhat heavily worn as well. Replacements or upgrades crowns are around. About the bow, my only concern in replacement is the case may have been modified in order to install the one that is on it.

You be the judge about replacement.

Lindell

Here's a Ball 999B with the original bow and crown in place...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002