Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Let me express my feelings ... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
... taking the words from a post of Tom Allerding, IHC185 Memeber 578
"
David, you're a scholar and a gentleman. To paraphrase Groucho, I'm proud to be a member of an organization that has you for a member. Enjoy the watch, Mario
"
Thanks, Tom, for giving me a chance of expressing myself.

The watch come in today, packed, pampered, timed, and I have to tell that David hadn't just to REPLACE the screw, but to pull the old stub out ...

Thanks a lot to Dave & IHC185 !

Posts: 277 | Location: Cardano al Campo in Italy | Registered: March 29, 2008
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Mario,
You are right, Dave is one of the best! I am sure he would do the same for any member of IHC.
Just look at his posts. He is always there to help a novice member with answers. His "how to do" posts with lots of photo's are very well done and easy to follow.
I think he still remembers what it is like when you have a million questions and no one around to answer them.
Thank you David!

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Boy 'o' Boy....I have to agree with everything that has been said in this string....David is absolutely 'ONE OF THE BEST' that we have here at 185, without a doubt....he has done much for everyone including me....

But, and there is always a 'But', there are so many in this organization that are of the same ilk that sometimes we forget or we take for granted that they will always be there for us when we need them, and they are, without fail....
I would like to start naming names but my gosh, there are so many....so I will just say this....

"I feel privileged just to be a member of this organization and to be able to associate with every member, male or female, that is among us....from first in to last in....

The Very Best To All,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
There are so many that make this a great site but Dave is by all means a standout member. I suppose if I had as much to bring to the table I would try to pass it on as I'm sure would be the case of everyone else. For now, I will try to contribute what I can when I can so let's make this the best site on the internet.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
How can someone as novice as me say anything that is as enlightning in praise of members than what has already been said.

I really appreciate everyone in this club. Thank you everyone!

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That is why we are all in this bunch of "hoodlums" right. It is simply an honor to be in this group.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Dave, I hope you did well with your auction items, I know how you did with the items here but the ones on eBay....I was in the one for the 'Frosted Waltham" but had to leave my office and thought I would be back in time to protect myself but, alas, I couldn't make it back before the end.... Mad someone bid over me at the end...

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Mario - I am so happy for you and the beautiful watch that you were able to get with Dave's help.
It is so uplifting to see the many ways the members pitch in for each other!

Thank you Dave, for everything you have done for me and for all the other members you have helped,
especially Mario. It is an honor to be among such wonderful people who share the same love of horology as I do!

Jerry - I bid, too, on the frosted Waltham. My bid was right under yours. I was going to go back and bid again, but got tied up with my mother-in-law in the hospital. Frown

Posts: 1047 | Location: The Colony, Texas in the USA | Registered: December 20, 2008