• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

MY Paillard Non Magnetic "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Can anyone advise me as to whether this is american orswiss made. It looks an awful lot like
an american made, but I don't know.
Thanks,
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Swiss, Omega-ish

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
If you have a copy of the price guide to watches mine is the 2006 copy page 339 has your movement your's must be for open face the one in the book is a hunter 16 size,3\4 plate,16 jewels,lever set,adjusted,paillord's patent and swiss made.The None-Magnetic Watch co 1887-1905 Geneva and America they imported swiss and contracted watches made in america.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
Thanks Dave and Mike,
I do have the guide but have not yet learned how to use it with any certainty.
But after hearing you two looking up both Non Magnetic and Omega see the resemblance.
I appreciate and value your expertise and wisdom.
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Bill, I was looking for some Paillard Non Magnetic info on a nice one I just bought and I saw yours. I have had several paillards in that pattern, 2 gilt and 1 nickle and they were Swiss. I must say they were excellent runners. I now have one that looks like a Longines and has wolf teeth. Definitely a Swiss bar bridge movement and 16 size. Coin silver Fahys case. I always was a sucker for Paillard watches and they always have run well for me.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009