Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My New Hamilton 950B "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I thought I would share some photos Chris Abell sent me of a Hamilton 950B that I was able to buy locally. It is the 2nd most I have spent on a watch & I was afraid to clean it myself so I sent it to our Master Chris.

It is serial # S19178 which puts it in the 1953 run that if I read correctly was the last run of 950B's. It looks great in my opinion.

I am thinking about putting it up for auction here, I hate to sell it but I also did not plan on buying it. I had received a phone call from a local antique store that knows I am alsways looking for watches, theu said a woman was in the store wanting to sell her father's watch & they didn't want to buy it but thought I might be interested. Since this never happens to me I had to buy it. Now I have to decide if I can keep it or not, but I also needed to brag about it too.

Tom

Dail

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Back of case

back

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Movement

move01

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Case markings

case02

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Tom,

That is a beautiful 950B....Thanks for showing it to us.

I'll be watching to see if you do put it up for bid, for sure....

Regards,
Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Nice 950B great catch.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
I will be looking for it Tom. I don't think you will be disappointed in the results from our auction. This is a beautiful piece and has the master's fingerprints on it. Big Grin

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
I asked Tom who said I could add it to my interesting watch pages on my web page along with a brief video Of it running under test.
great watch running well very bright movement and only a few minor marks.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003