• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My latest Elgin grade 150 pickup "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am not quite sure why the Elgin grade 150 does not have the collector following as many mid 1890's high end movements but I pick them up when I can because they usually go for ~$150. So here is another $150+shipping 150 that I picked up.

Maybe someone can shed so insight on who made the coin silver case, and yes the case is as nice as it looks, just some very minor pocket micro-scratches, no dings, dents, or other signs of abuse.
It has the wrong dial (SS Elgin) and hands but I had a correct (DS <<Elgin>>Wink for it but the hands are still not correct so I will try to fix that in the future. It is keeping RR time at the moment and the movement is very clean but missing the dust band which is fairly typical.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
very nice, I also like those early 18s Elgins, and also wonder why they do not seem to have the following.
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I think the casemaker for that excellent case you have is Manhatten Watch Case Co. These are a fine piece of work way undervalued by the "book". I just sold one on eBay and am still waiting for payment . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Thanks Dave, I have never seen this case marking before, it has the strange construction in that it has the screw part of the case that is screwed to the main portion. I has never been cut for a lever set so if this case and movement were not original to each other it had a pendant set in it all of it's life.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009