Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 936 Dial Needed "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Are Hamilton 936 watch dials interchangeable with other Hamilton Dials of the same size? Do we have to mindfull of where the feet are located?

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Ernie,

All of the Hamilton 18-size dials, both Hunter-Case and Open-Face directly interchange. That being said you might want to consider time-period correctness and the important fact that, for the most part a 936 would have been originally equipped with a Double-Sunk dial.

If you share the movement number here in this topic we can probably make a suggestion or two and possibly help you find a dial if you are in need of one.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
I need an 18s dial that would replace a dial that is really chipped and cracked. I have a friend who inherited his grandfather's 18s Hamilton 936 watch. The porcelain dial is terrible. I would like to find a porcelain one again. A few hairlines is OK. It has aribic numbers with "Hamilton Watch Co." in Script. Fine hairlines would be acceptable at this point. This is to fix a friends watch that belonged to his grandfather. I will also post in Parts Wanted. If anybody has one post here or email me at logaent1@clearwire.net

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008