Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Railroad watch time inspectors by Tom Brown "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1739
posted
Did Tom finish this great undertaking an if so where can it be found. I think I have a loaner watch that I could not find on the list an it may want to be added.
Thanks Nick

Posts: 41 | Location: Idaho in the USA | Registered: August 29, 2012
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Not that I've heard of Nick, but many people have compiled such lists and remember, back in the day virtually every jeweler (hundreds, thousands of them . . . ) was a railroad time inspector of one kind or another, so it might be better to do a find-or-search on any jeweler's name you're interested in. If you think there's ever going to be an ALL INCLUSIVE list of railroad watch inspectors in which you can simply pick and choose, you're living in a fool's paradise, it just isn't that simple.

find-or-search on railroad time inspectors.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
As Ed said it will never be a complete list. I am up to about 55 pages & I loose interest from time to time. Sometimes I think I have found all I am going to find but then next time I search I add some more.

If you want to post the information on your loaner I will see if I have the information.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Hi Tom, have anything on "Bogle Brothers". I have two of their loaners, both with BW Raymond movts.
I think i found them in a city directory once but cant seem to find the info

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Ray
There were Bogle Brothers at White River Junction VT and were inspectors for Central Vermont RR, I found them listed in 1950.

The business appears to have been started by Charles & Clarence Bogle, but then their son's also went into the business & then their grandson's. I 1st found the business listed around 1900.

Here is an article about them from April 25, 1906 in the St. Johnsbury Caledonian

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Awesome. Thanks Tom

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

See Tom Brown's topic...

Rail Road Watch Time Inspectors

...for additional details!

Smile

Posts: 5235 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002