Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watch Dials Redone by International Dial Co. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
I thought I would share with you a watch dial I sent in to be refinished. International Dial Co of Willington, OH did a very nice job. Cost was under $35.00. Photo shows before and after.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Ernie, I have serious need for these people's help. This 4-pin Hamilton is just one example. Please advise how we can contact them successfully?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
David:

I called them and made arrangements. Thier phone number is: 937-382-4535.

Mailing address: International Dail Co, INC., 58 W. Sugartree St., Box 970, Wilmington, OH 45177

They prefer that you ship your dials in a tin. I didn't have a tin so I stuck the dial feet into corrigated cardboard and then wrapped in bubble wrap. They want your phone number so they can call you to give quote and get payment information.

The turn around was about 4 weeks.

Additional dials I had done.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
David,

If you call them and request their preaddressed mailers also ask for a couple of tins. They will usually send a couple along. Don't give up trying to get ahold of them, they will answer the phone.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Dave,

For more information and additional examples of their work...

CLICK FOR: Find-Or-Search results "International Dial" IHC185 Site-Wide

Hamilton used International Dial so they should be able to match your dial. Be sure to stress you want the same style if that is important to you. By the way, I believe that unusual metal dial is a replacement that Hamilton had available as a part in the late 1920s and early 1930s time period.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
A very nice dial, do they work on porcelain dials?

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Richard:

I am not sure. I am planning to call them this week to find out. My guess is they don't. But, if we had the porcelain repaired they may be willing to paint the numbers etc.

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
They do fantastic work, but have a nasty habit of mis-locating dials.
Mad
They once had the dial from my late father's Lipton 'Oyster' wrist watch that had a 24 hour military dial. They lost the dial for over 2 months, and when they finally located it and I DID get it back, the work was GREAT! but they left off the red 24 hour military center markings!! Roll Eyes

Yes, it should have been mailed right back, but I didn't want to chance them losing a piece of a family heirloom yet again, as their attiude through the entire situation was 'oh well'.

Rich Kuhn sent one of my dials in years ago for restoration, and they lost IT for over a week before locating it and doing the work, so I'm two for two with these folks.

Proceed with caution is my personal advice, and based on my personal experience with this company. Their work is great otherwise.

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002